Our Environmental Statement
At Sense International, we recognise the need to play our part in responding to evidence of climate change in line with our organisational values.
Sense International does not undertake any activities that cause deliberate environmental damage. We are aware of the need to keep our CO2 emissions to a minimum and to reduce our environmental impact. Everyone in the organisation has a responsibility to uphold good environmental practice.
While COVID-19 has presented many challenges, it has also provided some opportunities for us to reflect upon our ways of working. We will be considering these in more detail as we start developing our new strategy during 2021/2022. We wish to ensure that our approach has the minimum impact on the environment while enabling us to meet our strategic objectives effectively and in compliance with donor requirements.
To help us achieve this aim, Sense International has developed a set of Environmental Guidelines for reference by staff and others working with and for our organisation. These ensure that we:
- Operate in compliance with all relevant environmental legislation in the countries where we work.
- Consider environmental impacts when planning our work and taking decisions on travel, procurement, and other operations.
- Promote environmental awareness and efficient use of resources among all staff, including the need to reduce, re-use and recycle.
- Purchase environmentally responsible products as far as possible.
- Measure the main contributors to our carbon footprint, and set targets to reduce this.
- Strive to continually improve our environmental performance by reviewing our guidelines and practice annually and reporting on progress.
Our Environmental Guidelines were last updated in August 2021. If you would like to request a copy, please contact us.